So how do you think we can we reduce domestic violence (DV) in Australia?
Here is my take on the question. This is my long term strategy, sorry, not a knee-jerk reaction to existing or near future bashings and murders.
- I think we (future couples) should form agreed to, rules of engagement, upon meeting
to help us moderate any of our future disputes.
- Starting with the first agreement of what an “agreement” means to us.
- Simply put we need to agree to agree.
- My engagement proposal is: That an agreement is a promise or idea for now.
In other words:
“an accepted promise for now”.(“Now” only lasts a split second and is therefore
always open to be reconsidered at any time after by either of us)
- As opposed to society’s accepted agreement compromise which is more:
“an accepted promise forever”,
a fairy tale from the distant past, in my view.